Friday, September 15, 2006

This is gonna be a long one. I´ve gotten lazy with the blog, lazy with everything really. In Santiago, I stayed for about 7 days because I met some Brits who were absolutely crazy. We went out everynight, drank tea all day, and relaxed. But since we were going out so much, I actually got exhausted.

I left there tired and mentally dead and went to Mendoza. Argentina is very very different than the rest of S. America. Some general feelings I´ve gotten since arriving 3 days ago: They don´t really like Americans (or foreigners for that matter), or maybe they just are apathetic towards foreigners because I can´t get a smile or a bit of attention from anyone here. The town is very relaxed, but it comes across as cold because the people don´t try to speak to you like they did in Peru, Bolivia, and Chile. Of course my blonde hair and blue eyes scream AMERICAN! So that doesn´t help, it´s hard for me to blend in. Also, I´ve been so lazy lately because my unhealthy diet and lack of excersise is starting to take its toll. I think I´ve lost around 30lbs total and I´m getting pretty soft. But, today I was so lazy that I kicked myself in the butt and went to the market and bought health food. What a difference it made! I cooked chicken and rice with broccoli, and yogurt as desert. I´ve met back up with Vicki and Christy (the couple from England I traveled the Salt Flats with) and hopefully I can tag with them for the next few days.

I went to a place last night for dinner, and I heard a guy
singing Bob Dylan with an acoustic guitar ala Morgan unplugged. I asked him if he was from America and he said no, but he was playing a show tonight and singing american songs. We ended up hanging out for hours and I watched his show and met his best 10 buddies. Tonight his band (a rolling stones cover band) is playing and I´m gonna try to go.

He also has a friend I met who owns a ski store in Las Leñas which is
the Aspen of S. America and can hook me up with lessons, gear, and a
hotel for $200 dollars. The only problem is that a girl told me ski season is over in Las Leñas so I def don´t want to go there for nothing. I´ll check the weather report tonight after din-din.

If not there, I´ll leave for Cordoba with the Brits in 2 days to go white water rafting, horseback riding, etc.

No comments: