Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I´m in Cordoba and yesterday I heard that Cordoba is the cheapest place to skydive in South America. So, of course, I jumped at the chance (get it, jumped). I heard it was $90 (that´s dirt cheap) with 30 seconds of freefall and so I went for it. Today, an hour before I´m supposed to leave they tell me it´s going to be $160. Ouch. Then I look up Skydive Atlanta and it´s $189 for over 1 minute of freefall. Double ouch.

This is becoming a regular pattern, the price is (blank..cheap) and when the bill comes it´s wayyyy more expensive. Ans since there is no price regulations in South America, I could have put the parachute on, been in the plane, and the guy could have told me it´s gonna cost $500 and I would have been stuck paying. The whole reason I came here was to skydive so now I´m stuck between paying or wasting 4 days in a city with nothing going on. And since the place doesn´t accept credit cards, I have to pay a $4 service fee at the ATM to get cash out. Then another $4 in Buenos Aires because I´ll be out of cash again!

On a positive note, I found a parilla (grill) that serves 20 oz steaks and a bottle of Argentinian wine for $7.50. I´ve eaten there 2 times in one day and I´m going back again today for another couple of rounds. On wednesday there is a Spring Welcome Party in Argentina because it´s the first day of spring. I helped the hostel decorate for the party by making a colorful poster last night and it was alot of fun.

No comments: